Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

For the health and safety of your family, please read this and other honest reviews before considering Access Health. My family signed up on time (back in December), answered questions honestly, and paid our bills on time.

Our health insurance in 2016 (and earlier) was Anthem, but their price was raising again this year. My wife decided to try Access Health for a quote, and was quoted $563/mo. That was considerably lower than Anthem, which was around $1100 if I remember right. I reluctantly agreed to try it out.

We signed up, paid our bills, and this brings us to February 1'st... We just received notification that they billed our account $1213, which was our "new adjusted premium" compared to the $563 they quoted us when we signed up. This change was made without a phone call, without an email, and without any prior warning. They quoted one thing, billed us (almost) double, and gave no warning or explanation.

Instead, just a vague "credit adjustment" line item was applied to the bill which sent our rate through the roof. I've purchased real (private) health insurance my entire adult life. Could you imagine if a private health insurer just "doubled" a rate overnight without warning? The government would swoop in to vilify & fine them.

Who do we call now that the government's Access Health system is the criminal? The customer service is both incapable and apathetic. They have our bank account info, won't allow us to change the plan they tricked us into, and now we're in trouble.

Either we can pay the (higher than Anthem) rate they dishonestly stuck us with all year, or we can refuse to pay and risk losing healthcare for our 22 month old. This is unbelievable.

Review about: Access Health Ct Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service, Dishonest quotes, Dishonesty, Terrible website.

Comments